What's New in ARC-IT
What's New in ARC-IT Version 8.2
ARC-IT Version 8.2 is an update of the National ITS Reference Architecture focused on changes to the physical and enterprise views. The most significant enhancements for 8.2 are:
- Physical View:
- Intersection geometry, or MAP, flows are added to the service packages containing the Signal Phase & Timing (SPaT) message.
- Updated data publication and data query publication flow descriptions to make them more traceable to transportation information for operations that were from the legacy version 7.1 architecture.
- Corrected and update mappings of functional objects and information flows
- Analyzed and updated the Encryption and Authenticability characteristics of the information flows per the updated Confidentiality-Integrity-Availability (C-I-A) analysis.
- Refined the Coordination table to discriminate between roles, coordination, characteristics and interrelationships.
- Added a new Enterprise Rules table and queries that dictates how roles are assigned. Updated connection to the Physical database
If the term "ARC-IT" is new to you or it has been a few years since you've visited the National ITS Architecture, you may find this comparison of ARC-IT with previous versions of the National ITS Architecture and the Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture (CVRIA) helpful.