What's New in SET-IT
The Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT) is a software tool that integrates drawing and database tools with the Architecture Reference for Cooperative and Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) so that users can develop project architectures for ITS. SET-IT provides enhanced capabilities for project architecture development that go beyond the capabilities offered in either Turbo Architecture or RAD-IT.
SET-IT Version 8.2 updated January 2019, now available for download, includes the following new-and-improved features:
- Use ARC-IT Version 8.2: Convert your SET-IT projects so they are compatible with ARC-IT Version 8.2. SET-IT includes a Conversion facility that supports quick and easy conversion of existing SET-IT files, providing a convenient migration path for existing users.
- ConOps: New template available that is based on the FHWA Model Documents for Systems Engineering projects, similar to the ANSI standard outline; the IEEE 1362 template has also been updated to reference the ISO 29148 standard.
- Diagrams: Improved Layer 0 and Layer 1 diagram generation; Also, context diagrams are generated without line overlap, with clean placement of label text
- Performance: Ability to cancel various long-performing processes: ConOps, context diagrams and comm diagrams
- Installation: Now supports installations that have Office 365 or "Click–to–Run" editions of Office/Visio.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements: All issues identified in earlier releases of SET-IT have been addressed and many other minor enhancements have been implemented. Minor enhancements include better handling of users' needs and imported needs from RAD-IT. Be sure to upgrade for the latest features and best performance.