What's New in SET-IT
The The Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT) is a software tool that integrates drawing and database tools with the Architecture Reference for Cooperative and Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) so that users can develop project architectures for ITS. SET-IT provides enhanced capabilities for project architecture development that go beyond the capabilities offered in either Turbo Architecture or RAD-IT.
SET-IT Version 8.3 updated October 2019, now available for download, includes the following new-and-improved features:
- Use ARC-IT Version 8.3: Convert your SET-IT projects (from v8.0 or later) so they are compatible with ARC-IT Version 8.3 providing access to the latest services and features of ARC-IT. SET-IT's Conversion facility supports quick and easy conversion of existing SET-IT files.
- Import from RAD-IT: SET-IT Version 8.3 includes an enhancement to the import capability that allows for changes made to the RAD-IT project to be reflected in SET-IT when it's reimported.
- Installation: corrected an issue caused by an incompatibility between SET-IT and the Microsoft Access Database Engine
- New Grids: Added new physical view definitions grids to support the assignment of physical standards to physical or functional objects and elements
- Diagrams: Improved Layer 0 and Layer 1 diagram generation, including a new Settings form providing access to rich set of controls to the layout of the diagrams. Restored the ability to use Terminals, Comments, and Legends on Layer 1 diagrams.
- ConOps: Added support for the ANSI-formatted ConOps, using an outline similar to that used in FHWA's model SE documents for ITS projects.
- Status: Added the ability to change status of all objects in a service package instance in a single operation
- Performance: Ability to cancel various long-performing processes: ConOps, context diagrams and comm diagrams
- Numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements: All issues identified in earlier releases of SET-IT have been addressed and many other minor enhancements have been implemented. Be sure to upgrade for the latest features and best performance.